lundi 4 octobre 2010

Roger Federer

I play tennis since I was seven and I’m used to see the best tennis player on TV since I was ten. I will talk about one of them, Roger Federer.
Roger Federer was born the 8 of August 1981 in Bale. He is a Swiss professional tennis player who held the number one position for a record 237 consecutives weeks and 285 total weeks. He is right-handed with a one handed backhand. He turned pro in 1998.
Many sports analysts, tennis critics, and current players consider Federer to be the greatest tennis player of all time because Federer won a record of 16 Gran Slam singles titles.
In tennis world he is the man of all the records, 22 Gran Slams finals, 23 consecutives semi-finals in Gran Slam and he is one of the three players who won Grand Slam in three different surfaces the same year. He won 4 ATP world tour finals and 17 ATP Master Series. He also won the Olympic Gold Medal in doubles with his compatriot Stanislas Wawrinka at the 2008 Summer Olympic Games and a lot of other tornement in the world. That’s why he earns a lot of money.
According to me Roger Federer is the best tennis player of all time. It’s a model : he can do all he wants with a tennis ball and play very well. Playing as well as he does is a dream for a lot of young players; he plays very simply and tactical but he’s able to do incredible thinks to win a point. When I see one of his match I’m filled with wonder by his game and I just want to go out and play tennis after his match. 
Today Roger Federer is 29 and he is ranked World number 3 and a lot of people think that it’s the end of the greatest tennis player of all time. But I’m not sure. He won all the Gran- Slam, he is the man of all the records in the tennis world and he earned a lot of money but I’m sure that he want’s to play and win a lot of tornements again.
Raphaël M

1 commentaire: